Standing Purchase Orders
A standing (open) purchase order (PO) is used for a requirement that is repetitive in nature, difficult to quantify over a period of time, and is not to exceed or cross fiscal periods (July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016). Standing POs allow requesters to make repetitive purchases of miscellaneous low cost supplies, to pay for lease/rentals, and maintenance contracts throughout the current fiscal year.
Standing POs cannot be used to purchase the following or any other unauthorized purchase:
• Personal purchases
• Gift cards and/or certificates
• Gratuities and gifts
• Any purchase that would require approval from Facilities (unless prior approval received and uploaded to Onbase)
• Any purchase that would require approval from IT (unless prior approval received and uploaded to Onbase)
• Alcoholic beverages or any substance, material, or service which violates policy, law, or regulation pertaining to the District
• Capital equipment
In order to allow proper coordination, please submit a new Banner Requisition at the beginning of each fiscal year to establish a standing PO. The standing PO is only valid for purchases up to the “not-to-exceed” dollar amount. Change orders will be reviewed in accordance with Board Policy, Administrative Policy and Public Contract Code requirements.
Only authorized employees will be allowed to purchase on a standing PO and those authorized will need to have a Procurement Card/Standing Purchase Order Agreement on file with the Purchasing Department prior to use.
Purchasing approves and issues all standing POs upon receipt of a completed Requisition.
Open PO's greater than or equal to $5,000.00 must be submitted with three quotes. The quotes should be for 5 items that the PO will be used to purchase. If you will be submitting 3 or more open PO's for vendors of the same trade and those vendors’ prices are found to be fair and reasonable, 3 quotes may not be necessary. However, please contact the Purchasing Department to ensure we are exhibiting a fair procurement process and appropriate stewardship of District funds. If a fully executed contract exists that specifies items to be purchased through a specific vendor, additional quotes are not required and a copy of the contract is to be submitted with your REQ.
The following information is to be included on all Requisitions for a standing PO:
(1) Person(s) authorized to use standing PO
(2) Not to exceed (NTE) amount(s)
(3) Effective period (e.g. July 1 2015 - June 30, 2016)
(4) Brief description of what is to be purchased with the standing PO
(5) 3 quotes or justification in “Document Text” for not providing 3 quotes, for requests that meet or exceed $5,000.00
(6) Due Date should be the last day the Standing PO will be valid, but not later than the last day of the Fiscal Year, June 30