DUE TO COVID-19, THE LAPTOPS TO LEARN PROGRAM HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED FOR THE COMPUTER LOAN PROGRAM.
The Computer Loan Program application can be found here.
The Computer Loan Program (formerly Laptops to Learn) may be of assistance for your technology needs. The ITS Department is loaning Chromebook laptops and Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots for students enrolled for the Fall 2020 term. For more information, please go to the website below and complete the application (utilizing your myAVC email address): https://www.avc.edu/
Upon completion of the application, if there is an available device for you to borrow, you will be contacted and asked for your availability for pick-up.
You can also contact ITS directly at 661-722-6300 ext. 6605 or via email at email@example.com.
PLEASE DISREGARD IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED OR RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM ITS TO PICK UP A COMPUTER.
The laptop or desktop computer received is the sole property of the student's and does not need to be returned, as it is theirs to keep. The applicant must also understand that the District is not liable for the equipment in any way after the applicant assumes ownership.
To qualify for the Laptops to Learn program you must be:
- Currently enrolled as an AVC student
- Registered in 6 units or more
- Have a 50% completion rate
- Be in good academic standing with a 2.00 GPA or higher
- Have a current Education Plan and on track for degree/certificate completion.
- Submit a complete online Laptop to Learn Application
- FAFSA/DREAM ACT/FINANCIAL AID VERIFICATION OF FUNDS FORM/AB540 application completed at the AVC Financial Aid office for the academic year that laptops are requested.
Students are served on a first-come, first-served basis according to each individual's needs and Student Equity ranking criteria. Students that have previously applied but have not received a laptop/desktop computer are eligible to re-apply. Eligible students must apply each semester.
For more information regarding Student Equity programs and services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (661)722-6300, ext. 6375.